Re: Nyasasaurus Update

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 2:32 PM
Subject: Nyasasaurus Update

I've done a bit of digging to find out the situation regarding "Nyasasaurus".  Because George mentioned that Mike Benton suggested the remains were non-dinosaurian, I contacted Mike.  He said that he looked at the specimens in the BMNH a while ago and he didn't think any could be confidently assigned to the Dinosauria, though they are archosaurian.  He suggested I speak to Angela Milner, who has a student studying the remains.  Unfortunately, Angela replied that the study is just beginning, so there is no news to report as of yet.  Looks like we'll know what "Nyasasaurus" is eventually.  Now to track down Charig's dissertation....

And what about "Gyposaurus" sinensis?
What is the current phylogenetic interpretation of this taxon?
I've seen rumor that it's the same as Massospondylus.

By
Marisa Alessandro
"Volounteer of Museo Paleontologico Cittadino, Monfalcone"
Via Achille Grandi n°18
38068 ROVERETO (TN) ITALY
Tel:039-0464-434658 Email amaris@tin.it
Museum Web-Page: http://www.fante.speleo.it