ON ALL FOURS: PSITTACOSAURUS

Robert Kiely wrote:
<<Just lokking at a skeletal of Psittacosaurus, and it occured to me that it
might have been a quadruped. Of course, this is only speculation, I was
wondering wether anyone could prove/disprove it? I am drawing a
Psittacosaurus and I was just wondering......>>

I don't believe you can prove or disprove your hypothesis.  I think however
that you are probably correct.  Most species of psittacosaurs had relatively
long forelimbs, robust hands and big heavy heads, so standing around on all
fours and walking here and there is not unlikely.  Bipedal running would
probably have been more likely however, as the hindlimbs have the same
general proportions as "hypsilophodonts."

Pete Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com