Re: MESENOSAURUS ERRATA.

> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:03:55 EDT
> From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
>
> Not to mention [1] several prolacertiforms show antorbital
> fenestrae, which was (once) an archosaur autapomorphy, and [2]
> prolacertiforms include Cosesaurus, Longisquama, and Megalancosaurus
> in various places in their cladogram, all of which I once included
> in Archosauria as basalmost archosaurs or dinosaurs.  Dave's paper
> gives us a much better handle on the relationships of these reptiles
> and indirectly explains why pterosaurs were considered archosaurs
> for so long.

George,

You speak as though Ornithodira is dead and buried.  Is that so?  I
thought that the pterosaurs-are-derived-prolacertiformes idea was
still just one hypothesis?

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor | <mike@miketaylor.org.uk> | www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "An assault on the eyes, the ears, the brain, common sense and
         the human desire to be entertained.  No matter what they're
         charging to get in, it's worth more to get out" -- Roger
         Ebert's review of _Armageddon_.