RE: Science News Article On Feather Origins

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Richard W Travsky

[concerning the cover story in Science News about feather origins]

> This includes a
> paragraph devoted to a Thomas R. Holtz Jr., who is described as a
> "moderate" in the debate and who laments the sparseness of the fossil
> record.

Yeah.  "Moderate".  Sure...

That's why one of my students put the following on her list of "50 Things I
Learned in Dino Class":
43. Chickens are a kind of *dinosaur*? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! *YES*!

[The "yes"s were originally accompanied by increasing volume and table
slapping.]

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742