Re: Predator-trap theory debunked for Utah Allosaurus site

From: bh480@scn.org

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org

A story posted by the Salt Lake Tribune discusses new
evidence from the famous quarry containing thousands of
Allosaurus bones. Evidence for a "predator trap" at the
site no longer appears convincing.

http://www.sltrib.com/08232001/thursday/125102.htm

Alright, I read the article, but still have one nagging question: if this mass assemblage of thousands of _Allosaurus_ fossils does not represent a predator trap, then what is it? I >highly< doubt that a familial group of some thousand allosaurids would be able to support itself for any period of time. Seems this new study has raised more questions than answers (so far).

-Jordan Mallon