Re: Nocturnal crocs?

<Can I have some statistically significant details?>

The only place you might find statistically significant details in the
fossil record is among shells.
The problem of proving slow extinctions punctuated by a catastrophe (or fast
extinctions caused directly by a catastrophe) is difficult to solve from the
fossil record.
In fact, let me hazard a guess that fossilization of most species of animals
and plants is rare and erratic enough that a definitive, complete answer is
impossible.