Re: Predator-trap theory debunked for Utah Allosaurus site

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 10:40:29PM -0400, Jordan Mallon scripsit:
> >From: Graydon <graydon@dsl.ca>
> >The easiest explanation, though, is that they were a significant
> >fraction of the allosaurs caught in the flood and got channelled by it
> >into the same location, which wasn't high enough.
>
> But again, the article states that the bodies weren't moved very far after
> death, thus ruling out the idea that these animals somehow accumulated after
> death.  As such, I would imagine that the mass assemblage of _Allosaurus_
> was behavioral, and not due to channeled deposition.

Which is what I meant; not that there was a hydraulic channelling of
corpses, but that the allosaurs, in trying to escape the flood, got
channelled to the same location, and then drowned.

Sorry not to have been clearer; not sure what more appropriate term
exists for 'herded by the floodwaters'.

--
                           graydon@dsl.ca
               To maintain the end is to uphold the means.