Re: "Nebraskan Theropod"

Does anyone know anything new about Paul Sereno's new Nebraskan >theropod? I read a small newsbit on it at Prehistoric Planet.com. >All I know so far is that skin impressions may have been found and >that it may be related to the tyrannosaurs (this may be just a broad >way that to say it is a theropod rather than a true relation to the >tyrannosaur).

The specimen was excavated on BLM land in Wyoming. As far as I know, no skin impressions have been found with that specimen. The sediments are conducive to skin preservation, and skin impressions are relatively "common" in the Lance Formation. However, it is speculative at best to say that skin is preserved with this specimen. And near as I can tell, the specimen is a juvenile tyrannosaurid.

Hope that helps. . .

Andy

--- Begin Message ---
First Post:

1.  Does anyone know anything new about Paul Sereno's new Nebraskan theropod?  I read a small newsbit on it at Prehistoric Planet.com.  All I know so far is that skin impressions may have been found and that it may be related to the tyrannosaurs (this may be just a broad way that to say it is a theropod rather than a true relation to the tyrannosaur).

2.  Is it possible that the Moreno Hill "Dave" specimen is a dromaeosaurine?

3.  I am constantly hearing about John Smith (a paleontologist) finding new Spinosaurus material.  Can anyone give any confirmation of this?

4.  Is there a dinosaur or non-dinosaur (yes, I know that non-dinosaur is such a broad term but it is effective) called Talluscoatum?  I read about it somewhere and I can't find anymore information about it.

Nicholas Gardner
n_gardner637@hotmail.com
The Dinosaur Homepage
http://dinosaurhomepage.homestead.com/