Re: SVP Poster Citation

<Maybe by citing the abstract: Nick Longrich: M. M.? A. a. A., SVP meeting
abstracts 2000
(supplement to JVP 3(2000)), p. 54A (September 2000)>

  Yes, one cites the poster as the abstract, since it is the same information
and has been
published. The imagery would need to come from Nick if he's willing.

<BTW, while the hypothesis is intriguing, it still suffers from the extreme
shortness of
mononykine arms, which are totally ridiculous compared to the arms of all
modern anteaters...>

  Shortness compared to what?

  I have compared, as has Nick and a few others, the arms to those of modern
digging animals, and
we _all_ find a close mole-like form to the arm, inspite of the location on a
long-legged body,
such that the arms seem disproportionately small. That's the only problem with
the comaprison.

  But if you need taxa to compare, find work on the arms of *Talpa* or
*Amblysoma* (I compared to
the latter) ... this indicates the arsm were perfectly adapted for digging.
This leaves
paleobiology for the most part.

=====
Jaime A. Headden