Re: twist-thumb

Ken Kinman (kinman@hotmail.com) wrote:

<Someone mentioned the twist-thumb synapomorphy. Is it a synapomorphy of
Dinosauria or something
more or less inclusive? Segnosaurs apparently lack it, so assume there are a
lot of other
dinosaurs that lack it as well.>

  Pete Buchholz mentioned this, I believe. However, I am curious as to why you
bring up segnosaurs
again? Are you still doubtful of the deeply nested position for these abnormal
theropods which (as
the more basal they get, the more like oviraptorosaurs and other maniraptorans
they get) lack such
a twist thumb? There will be more on this matter later, I'm sure.