Re: Coelurosauria Cladogram is here!

Grant,
Nice site. I would suggest adding Dryptosaurus at the base of your tree (and perhaps Proceratosaurus even basal to that).
I based my latest classification (posted in early July) in part on some of Mickey Mortimer's analyses, so there are some definite similarities. I would personally prefer to keep Compsognathines in a separate clade from Scipionyx and from Coelurus, and I definitely think Ornithomimes split off in a more derived position (after Nqwebasaurus).
Tyrannosauroids might have split off before Nedcolbertia, but it is difficult to pin them down to a particular spot. And I still believe "Enigmosauria" is probably paraphyletic (with therizinosaurs splitting off between ornithomimes and oviraptorosaurs as I noted in my recent classification of neotheropods---see below).
     Okay, I am leaving therizinosaurians as a clade (with Beipiaosaurus as sister group to the others).  But still splitting them off as a separate clade before the oviraptorosaur clade.
      ------Cheers, Ken (DML July 2001)

8  Guaibasauridae
9  Coelophysidae
10  Ceratosauridae
_a_  Abelisauridae
11  Spinosauridae (spinosaurs)
B  Torvosauridae ("megalosaurs")
12  Allosauridae ("carnosaurs")
13  Coeluridae (basal coelurosaurs)
         1  Proceratosaurus
         ?  Deltadromaeus (carnosaur??)
         2  Dryptosaurus
         3  Nedcolbertia
         4  Ornitholestes
         ?  Santanaraptor
         5  {{Tyrannosauridae}}
         6  Compsognathus
         B  Sinosauropteryx
         7  Scipionyx
         8  Coelurus
         9  Nqwebasaurus
        10  {{Ornithomimidae to AVES}}
_a_  Tyrannosauridae (sensu lato)
_1_  Ornithomimidae
2A   Plesion _Beipiaosaurus_
B   Therizinosauridae
3   Plesion _Protarcheopteryx_
4A   Caudipteridae (probably paraphyletic)
B   Caenagnathidae
C   Oviraptoridae
5   Plesion _Bagaraatan_
6   Avimimidae