Re: epidermal structures

As long as we're speculating...

I was glancing over some papers on the Carnotaurus skin impressions, and they all mention that their are large conical scales arranged into uneven longitudinal rows. Which got me thinking...feather tracts are arranged into uneven longitudinal rows. Kinda makes you wonder. This speculation would become even more interesting if someone could demonstrate that those scales developed within a folicule.

Anyway, back to real science, with actual facts involved.

Scott