From: "Scott Hartman" <scott_hartman@hotmail.com>
To: TomHopp@aol.com, brushes2@juno.com, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: epidermal structures
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:56:58

As long as we're speculating...

    I was glancing over some papers on the Carnotaurus skin impressions,
and they all mention that their are large conical scales arranged into
uneven longitudinal rows.  Which got me thinking...feather tracts are
arranged into uneven longitudinal rows.  Kinda makes you wonder.  This
speculation would become even more interesting if someone could demonstrate
that those scales developed within a folicule.

Anyway, back to real science, with actual facts involved.

Scott