Ornithomimid beaks

My uncle has sent me the Nature article. There it says that the beaks were
restricted to the premaxillae and the corresponding tips of the dentaries.
Now what was behind this? Does it tell about me or about something else that
I can't imagine a toothless beakless mouth over AFAIK rather sharp jaw
margins, following a very short beak?

Jesus said:
Who is searching should not stop searching before he finds. When he finds he
will be confused. When he is confused he will be surprised. And he will be
king over the Universe.
Gospel of Thomas, Logion 2
(Isn't that sort of philosophy of science? :-) )