Re: Fossil preparation texts

In a message dated 8/29/01 8:50:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dbensen@gotnet.net writes:

<< Specifically, I'd be pleased if someone could cite me some books
(preferably books, although journal publications and websites are all
right) about the preparation of fossils >>

       If you are considering preparing fossils yourself, I suggest you begin
with volunteering at a local museum under the supervision of an experienced
professional preparator. Preparation is one of those things that cannot be
learned totally from books (even if there are any). You >will< have many
questions and there is the risk of seriously damaging a specimen. DV