Re: Fossil preparation texts

>> If you are considering preparing fossils yourself, I suggest you begin
with volunteering at a local museum under the supervision of an experienced
professional preparator.<<
I'm way ahead of you.  Over the summer, I've been preparing fossils at the local
university (the University of the Pacific) under the tutelage of Dr. Desmond
Maxwell.  So far, I've prepped 3 vertebrae (from very near the base of the
skull---probably 2, 4, and 5) from a Tentontosaurus and a shoulderblade from the
same individual.  There wasn't much of particular interest to the bones except
that they were significantly larger than the type specimen _but_ were still
unfused/.  Also, I found a deinonychus-like tooth closely associated with the
vertebrae.

Dan