Re: Nomena Nuda Wagneri

znc14@TTACS.TTU.EDU wrote:

>  With the move toward more lighthearted names which appears to be
> afoot in dinosaur paleontology, I'm afraid the conservatism mind is
> beginning to prevail. I hate to be non-trendy, but you won't see any
> species named after Jurassic Park actors, rock stars, or the like. That
> said, I love Gammora (the turtle), Irritator challengeri, and
> Pinacosaurus mephistocephale.

Then there's Ozraptor subutaii (Oz the colloquial term for Australia,
Subutai the theif in the movie "Conan the Barbarian"). And the boid
snake Montypythonoides from the Oligocene/Miocene of Queensland.
Obviously Australian researchers have been drinking too much of that
"fossil ale" that's available now (made from ancient bore water).

GIS Archaeologist           http://dannsdinosaurs.terrashare.com