Re: Status of _Utahraptor_?

I've recently overheard that the status of
_Utahraptor_ may be in doubt.  Is that true?  If so,
why?  FWIW, this is not just a matter of curiosity for
me.  If there's any doubt as to the validity of the
genus, please reply!
Larry

As far as I know, Utahraptor is a valid taxon. If you're referring to the species U. "ostrommaysi"....that's the incorrect spelling of the specific name >ostrommaysorum<. BTW, if you want to take a look at Utahraptor material, go to:
http://www.dinosaurweb.com/papers/utahraptor/utahraptor04.htm
It has some good drawings, despite the incorrect species name. I hope this helps ya.