Re: Abstracts, evidence, and disappointment [was: Re: It's HERE!!!]

        Regarding this topic, as with my discussion with Josh, I regret that
I cannot commit the time anymore. Also, as HP Rowe pointed out (I love "HP",
I don't know why... it has a sort-of "parlimentary" feel to it, no?), my
views are a bit extreme, and it is generally good to keep such attitudes to
one's self, at least until one can calm down a little. Also, as I note
elsewhere, I have vented a bit too much frustration on the list recently
(professional frustration, I assure you... venting any small amount of
personal frustration would be a quick month's time-out from the list :).
        Hopefully, Mickey feels that he has sufficiently made his points. If
not, I invite him to respond with any further points he feels need to be
made. I hope this run on the process of scientific research has proven
educational to all on the list. I certainly think the discussion has helped
me, and it probably did some others on the list some good as well.
        On this issue, and probably on others, now might be a good time to
step back and divest our arguments of our egos. No doubt this week will
bring some bright, new, shiney (or feathery) object which will turn our
heads to a more exciting and productive discussion.

        I'm still curious as to what it was that Mark Norell had that got
everyone so excited at SVP.

        Wagner
  "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi