Re: _T. rex_ debate in the newspaper

--- Danvarner@aol.com wrote:

>   One thing about this puzzles me. Does anyone know
> how Horner answers
> Carpenter's evidence of the healed bite on the
> Edmontosaur at Denver? Or has
> he? It never comes up in the stories I've read.
> Also, what other animals were
> doing the killing for Tyrannosaurus to scavenge? Has
> anyone asked him? DV.

When his book on _T. rex_ came out, I asked him (at a
speech he gave at the AMNH) why he felt that something
so huge and with such a wide muzzle would have
primarily scavenged, when most of the extant animals I
can think of which primarily scavenge are relatively
small and have long narrow snouts in order to pick
deep into the carcass for the morsels left by the
killing predators.

He said, "look, this is just a hypothesis."

=====
Larry

"I prefer to think, it's because our hearts are pure."