Dinosaur Genera List corrections #156

The 900th name on the Dinosaur Genera List came in through the back door, so
to speak. A few days ago Ben Creisler emailed me that he had found the genus
Deuterosaurus listed among the dinosaurs in an article on Triassic Dinosauria
by Thomas Henry Huxley in the very first issue of Nature. (It is available as
a facsimile edition from Nature, incidentally; dated November 4, 1869.)
Deuterosaurus is presently classified as a therapsid, so I have entered the
name into the List as follows:

Deuterosaurus Eichwald, 1860* [therapsid]

There are several species referred to Deuterosaurus, and several synonymized
genera, but I think only the type species qualifies as a putative dinosaur.
So in the next printing of Mesozoic Meanderings #3 it will appear in the
section on Dinosaurs of Europe (Deuterosaurus is from the European [Ural]
side of Russia, and is Permian, not Triassic) as follows:

Deuterosaurus Eichwald, 1860*
    D. biarmicus Eichwald, 1860 (type)*
NOTE: Presently considered a therapsid (anteosaurid), with several
synonymized genera and referred species not listed.

Huxley also lists Ankistrodon, Rhopalodon, and Galesaurus among the
Dinosauria, but I believe I found these in an article or articles by Owen
echoing Huxley's opinion. Otherwise I'd have put Deuterosaurus into the
Dinosaur Genera List as well.