RE: Dinosaur DNA

I have no problem with the fact that the midge did possibly bite dinosaurs,
but as soon as it had sucked some blood its digestive fluids would have
begun to get to work on it. DNA is a very fragile molecule, and would easily
have been broken apart by the acidic and generally hostile (also enzyme
rich) digestive tract of the insect. This process would have continued for
quite a time after the insect had been trapped in resin, so I don't see how
meaningful amounts of unbroken DNA could remain, other than that of the
insect itself (although nucleated dino red cells would have meant there was
more around to begin with).