DINO PRESS & SVP 2000

Have just seen vols. 1 and 2 of _Dino Press_, a new Japanese
magazine that looks kind of like a relaunched version of Dino-
Frontline (but isn't I suppose). I can't recall if anyone has given a
rundown of the contents (George?) but it's pretty impressive stuff. Vol.
2 has Luis art on the cover, a SAPE report, an article on
_Charonosaurus_ by George (with Tracy's skeletal reconstruction),
incredibly detailed photos of the fantastic 'headless wonder/not an
allosaur' and all of the skeletal figs from Kellner and Tomida's recent
_Anhanguera piscator_ monograph. Obviously the text's in Japanese
but they provide an accompanying English translation as a separate
booklet!

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing this is because it also features
Luis' writeup of SVP 2000 (Mexico) and consequently has photos
featuring some list members. Pete Buchholz makes it into at least three
of the photos (apparently wearing the same clothes as when I saw him
in 1999), Mary Kirkaldy sneaks into the background of another and
Scott Hartmann and Tracy Ford make in into others. There's also a
photo of Nick Longrich's poster on alvarezsaurids as 'aardraptors', it
looks pretty impressive.

So _Dino Press_ is definitely worth getting hold of.

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building
Portsmouth UK                          tel (mobile): 0776 1372651
P01 3QL                                tel (office): 023 92842244
                                       tel (home): 023 80446718