Re: Dinosaur DNA

Referencing the article forwarded by Steven Coombs:

Biting flies from the Mesozoic may indeed "theoretically" have fed on
dinosaur blood, but don't you think it more likely they fed on mammal blood?

How thick was dinosaur skin?  Or are we just talking about small dinosaurs?
Like the clouds of flies that harass cattle, pigs, and horses, I can imagine
the cloud that might have followed a Seismosaurus.

Do biting insects have a nutritional requirement (similar to my own) to suck
the blood of warm-blooded animals?

Just my fevered musings.