RE: Birds vs. the pterosaurs

At 8:55 AM -0500 2/7/01, Ronald Orenstein wrote:
At 08:53 AM 07/02/01 -0500, Marilyn Wegweiser wrote:
Successful predation leaves no fossil record. Heh.

Of course this is not true. Many highly-successful predators leave remains, cast pellets etc (not to mention future coprolites!).

Yeah - I was thinking of coprolites, nannoseconds after I sent it. <grin>
You know what I meant.

I have a taphonomy lab that aptly demonstrates what is likely to disappear completely.

:-)