Vertebrae Biting was Re: _T. rex_ debate in the newspaper

Modern lions (according to a now out of print book "The Tribe of Tiger")
dispatch their prey by finding the space between two vertebrae with their (one
assumes) sensitive teeth and biting down. This kills the prey by severing the
spinal cord.  No bone biting or crushing is involved.

The next question, then, would be if there is any evidence of nerves connected
to T. rex teeth?

ES

Paamy wrote:

> Isn't a bite in the sacrum likely to be a side effect of gouging out a chunk
> of flesh from the back of the Triceratops? I was not saying that rex never
> bit into bone, but that biting into vertebrae was not an effective kill
> method, especially considering ceratopsian neck frills. To break the spinal
> cord the rex would have had to have bitten down through a large depth of
> bone, SNIPPED

Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette - When you think of dinosaurs, think of DIG!
Recommended by National Education Association, Encyclopedia Britannica Internet
Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member of The
Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer
A Yahooligans choice.