Re: Horner and T-rex

In a message dated 2/7/01 3:42:04 PM EST, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< Maxillary tooth count also doesn't seem to have decreased by more than one
or two. But dentary tooth count decreased significantly: from a maximum as
high as 17 (in Albertosaurus sp.) down to 13 (in Tyrannosaurus rex). >>

Let me add that tooth counts (maxillary and dentary) may have been higher in
the more primitive genera Alioramus and Alectrosaurus, but I don't recall
that we have complete jaws for either genus.