Re: Pubic Pendulum

Hi Gordon,

Although it would appear that the spine and rib-cages in most large
theropods is fairly rigid, I imagine that further stabilization through
tightening of abdominals, etc... might be helpful as well, I just can't see
it making enough of a difference to encourage an evolutionary response like
expanding the size of  the distal boot on a large theropod.   Probably, in
terms of your dog analogy, abdominals would have more of a key role to play
in an animal with a much more flexible spine / midsection.

Mike S.