Re: Crocodilian v Avian looks

>  Brian McCarthy quite rightly pointed out....
> Enjoyed the drawings.  But if T Rexes did hang out together, they'd
probably
> be called a pack rather than a herd, no?

You're quite right. I'm not even sure what I was thinking.

Its an interesting liguistic point - My dictionary says that a herd is "a
number of cattle or other large animals living or feeding together." Where
as "pack" is "a group of wild animals living and hunting together."

There seems to be quite a strong conceptional definition in our minds as to
which animals go with which but, it seems, the literary definition is a much
more grey area. T rex was a large animal but it was certainly also "wild"!!!

Perhaps I should go with "a flock of T rex"...

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav