Number question

One thing that I have always wondered ...

Do we have *any* remote idea of dinosaur populations throughout the
Mesozoic?

Can we even begin to guess the percentage of fossilization as a
representation of the number of living animals?

Its always said that Iguanadon was one of the most abundant animals on the
planet, presumably because of the huge number of good fossil finds across
many continents. But surely when conditions are right in one place
fossilization will take place more readily.

Are there any estimates saying, for example, "for every one iguanadon fossil
found, X amount had lived and died without becoming fossilized"?

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav