Re: _T. rex_ debate in the newspaper

In a message dated Thu, 8 Feb 2001  6:34:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Steve
Brusatte" <dinoland@lycos.com> writes:
< I don't recall this discussion on the list, but I seriously doubt that the
elaborate crests and horns of Triceratops and its kin were used as defense
weapons.>
The reporter visited our older archives (starting with 1994) to search out
mentions of _T. rex_ predator or scavenger discussions.  He also talked quite
extensively with H.P. Holtz.

< Horner mentioned exactly this point in a quote from the article, but it is
about the only part of his hypothesis that I agree with.  Larry, Dan, and
others have brought up great points about Carpenter's _Edmontosaurus_ bone.  I
only hope that Horner eventually does answer to these questions...>
As Kevin Padian said, Jack Horner has not examined this specimen.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com