groups of dinosaurs (was Re: Crocodilian v Avian looks)

"Gavin Rymill" <gavin@gavinrymill.com> wrote:

> There seems to be quite a strong conceptional definition in our
> minds as to which animals go with which but, it seems, the literary
> definition is a much more grey area. T rex was a large animal but it
> was certainly also "wild"!!!
>
> Perhaps I should go with "a flock of T rex"...

This subject has come up a few times on the list.  Six years ago HP
(that's Honored Person) Tom Holtz suggested "a dynasty of _T. rex_".
For other suggestions check out:

http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998Oct/msg00230.html

--
Mickey Rowe     (rowe@psych.ucsb.edu)