Re: Crocodilian vs Avian looks

In a message dated 2/8/01 11:26:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
whte_rbt_obj@yahoo.com writes:

<< I'm no
 ceratopsian expert, so I yield to the superior
 intellects of others on the list with regards to this
 subject. >>

     Well as long as you're yielding...I just want to point out that
R.S.Lull, in his Revision of the Ceratopsia (1933) proposed a kind of
compromise to this cheek dilemma. He suggested that ceratopians possessed a
kind of half cheek like that of the marine iquana, in which the mouth opening
ends a considerable space before the rear of the jaw. I've always rather
liked that idea, but at any rate, you now have the full spectrum of choices.
DV.