Re: Volcanoes (comments on pterosaur extinction)

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:01:01
 Ken Kinman wrote:
>     I don't know much about geology, but it seems likely to me that the
>bollide collision probably set off a lot of the volcanic activity, and that
>this just added insult to injury and vulcanism was of secondary importance
>overall.
>                 ----Two cents worth,  Ken
>P.S.  By the way, Millelium Man was my choice for Fossil Find of the Year
>2000 (not fossil find of the millenium---which would be a really difficult
>choice!!!).
>:-)

That (fossil find of the millennium), was, of course, Archaeopteryx, for those
who remember my panel results from over a year ago.  And, yes, it was a very
difficult choice.  I believe Archie edged past Iguanadon by one vote...

You can read this good stuff at http://www.geocities.com/stegob/paleoawards.html

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html