Feathered dinosaur storybook

Hello everyone

I'm a student of graphic design in Kymenlaakso Polytechnic in Finland,
and as my diploma work I am going illustrate a story book, which I am
also writing, about feathered dinosaurs of eastern Asia. I'd like to
keep the book as up to date and scientifically accurate as possible
under the circumstances. My resources are severly limited, though, and
the literature I can find (or already own) is in many cases badly
out-dated, so my best sources have so far been the National Geographic
magazine and of course the Internet (especially Mike T. Keesey's
excellent Dinosauricon pages), but the information they provide is
always limited. That's why I'd like to ask for some help, at least
with correcting any obvious mistakes I may have already made.

The story takes place in Late Cretaceous (Campanian-Maastrichtian)
China and centers around a small dromaeosaur chick that gets lost from
his parents. Besides these dromaeosaurs the story features such
animals as juvenile tyrannosaurs and an adult one (T.bataar most
likely), a therizinosaur, troodontids, ornithomimids,
pachycephalosaurs, hadrosaurs (Saurolophus), oviraptorids, an
ankylosaur and some birds, possibly also a mammal and ceratopsians.
Since the main point of this book is to introduce the wonderful world
of the fuzzy feathered dinosaurs to the Finnish children, I've tried
to use most of the dinosaurs that are known to have had, or may have
had dinofuzz or even proper feathers.

If you want to take a look at some sketches I've made of the
dinosaurs, here's the url:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~mjauma1/Dinosaur/

I've made an English synopsis of the story available to read here:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~mjauma1/Dinosaur/synopsis.htm

The whole thing is supposed to happen in a river valley with some
forest and some lower vegetation, but honestly I have little knowledge
of the paleoclimatology or paleobotany of Late Cretaceous China. Since
I'd like the surroundings of the dinosaurs be as accurate as the
animals themselves, any help in these areas would be greatly
appreciated!

Since many of the animals are mostly based in speculation, I decided
not to use any species or even genus names for them in the story. Also
some of the known species or genuses I could use would be quite hard
to pronounce for the Finnish children (or parents!) reading the story.
(I admit I'm very much tempted to call the IMHO impronouceable
pachycephalosaurs the finnish equivalent of dome-heads instead) I've
decided to add a short fact-section to the end of the book explaining
which species the creatures seen in the book are based on, and when
and where they are known to have lived, based on fossil evidence.

--
Matti Aumala
mjaumala@nettilinja.fi