[no subject]

I have heard that Ruben is now claiming that the structures on the back of
Longisquama are feathers. I always thought these were modified scales
(although so are feathers!) does anyone have any more information on the
structure of the Longisquama structures, and their probable evolutionary
origin and use to the animal? (longisquama isn't even an archosaur, so it
would be very interesting if these structures were homologous with
coelurosaurian feathers (although unlikely))