Re: Crocodilian vs Avian looks

Waylon Rowley said:
This got me thinking about why theropods would have such sensitive snouts.<
<snip>
the mother would scoop them up in her mouth like a crocodile to help keep them warm (I would think a full grown Giganotosaurus could hold
her entire clutch/brood in the mouth.<
This is a very interesting idea, and one that I have actually thought about for some time. However, you run into problems when you reach smaller-animals, and (more improtantly), larger animals with smaller jaws (e.g. _Dilophosaurus_, _Carnotaurus_). Putting two infant _Dilophosaurus_ into the mouth of an adult would be a stetch. Even then, there would basically only be space for their feet and some of their torso, with their neck, head and tail poking out on either side of momma's jaws.
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology
Northern Arizona University