Re: _T. rex_ debate in the newspaper

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:08:05
 Dinogeorge wrote:
>In a message dated 2/8/01 6:35:10 AM EST, dinoland@lycos.com writes:
>
><< Why would juveniles, the animals most vulnerable to predators, not possess
>these features if they were truly used for defense?  Why would evolution
>leave the most vulnerable defenseless while the least vulnerable possess
>defense weapons?   >>
>
>The adult animals, with fully developed horns, could well have evolved
>behavior patterns for protecting the vulnerable juveniles from predation.

Of course this is also quite possible.  However, in my posts, I was
parallelling Sampson's papers, several of which I have read and agree with.  I
am also very interested in other papers which present the hypothesis that
George mentioned above.  Has there been anything exclusively published on adult
ceratopsians evolving behavorial patterns for protecting defenseless juveniles?
 Refs?

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html