Re: Raindrops on Roses and Dewlaps on Dinosaurs

Steve  Brusatte wrote:

> Hey, I've been doing some reading on possible
dewlaps
> (skin flaps) on dinosaurs.  Does anyone know of any
> technical refs which discuss signs of dewlaps on
> bones, or the presence of dewlaps in dinosaurs?

In The Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs (Currie and Padian
et. al.) the section relating to Tyrannosaurs says
"Impressions of skin around a badly weathered skull of
Tyrannosaurus bataar in Mongolia showed the presence
of a wattle or bag of skin under the jaws"
This could be the regurgitation sac I spoke of in
another post. You should also read this link:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998Jan/msg00127.html
Hope this helps ya.