Impact QUestion - Re: The birds vs. the pterosaurs

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Dann Pigdon wrote:
> [...]
> Not all the plants would have died. Those living in polar environments
> would have been used to going several months with complete darkness.
> Other species elsewhere could also have become dormant. Insects

Where was the equator at the time of the impact and where was the impact
located in relation to the equator? If the impact occurred in the summer
of the impact's associated hemisphere, would this not have given an
advantage to the organisms in the hemisphere that was in winter? (Side
question: did summer and winter exist as we know them?) I say "advantage"
as these organisms would already have been in a "powered down" mode...