Re: One last thing on the bitten _Edmontosaurus_

If this injury was indeed caused by a _T. rex_ , then wouldn't that destroy the theory that _T rex_ used an infectious bite to kill it's prey, ala komodo dragons?

I dunno...what are the statistics of the success of komodo dragons in infecting things that they bite? (Not that I am condoning the notion that tyrannosaurs do this!) ...at any rate, a bitten _Edmontosaurus_ has a _much_ better chance of escaping the biting tyrannosaurid as a result of having a substantially larger area to wander away in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Dept of Earth & Environmental Science
University of Pennsylvania