T.rex Septic Bites and Edmontosaur Tails

Aaaaaaargh....I lost the original e-mail, but someone
was talking about how deadly a T. rex septic bite
would be to this unfortunate Edmontosaur. I wonder if
Ornithiscians inherited a strong immune system from
crocodilian-like ancestors. T. rex didn't seem to hold
back any from biting its own species, so they must
have had an immune system capable of withstanding
bacterial infections. Crocs are *remarkable* for their
ability to survive in filthy conditions. If
Edmontosaurus had that type of immune system, the bite
wouldn't be as deadly. But damn, it would hurt like
hell!