Re: illustrations

A thought....

> > > The hands: You have all the hands pointed palms-in towards the chest.
> > > Dinosaurus were not able to cross the radius and ulna, and therefor
> > > could not have achieved this position.

In which dinosaurs is this crossover precluded? Is it limited to therapods?

Because, I have a big problem with the idea that the hands must always face
palms-inward, unless certain things can be explained to me!!

The limb proportions of Baryonxy very strongly suggest quadrupedalism to me.
I've even seen it reconstructed in recent books on all fours (though not
necessarily correctly). So either it walked on the edges of its hands
(unable to put its palms flat on the ground) or it *could* cross its radius
and ulna.

As I said, is it just therapods which have this forearm problem?

What about Plateosauridae or Iguanadontidae? They have to have their palms
facing the ground to walk on all fours as is commonly accepted. However, an
inability to rotate their forearms would preclude their use in pretty much
anything else, e.g. gripping braches of trees (which usually grow
vertically). Imagine trying to use your forearms for a task while keeping
them in a playing-the-piano position!!

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav