Re: One last thing on the bitten _Edmontosaurus_

By the way, you can see Ken Carpenter and his "chomped" _Edmontosaurus_
specimen on the Discovery channel program, "The Ultimate Guide: T. rex," which
is available on video.  Carpenter shows how a tyrannosaur tooth fits against
one of the mangled neural spines.  Fun stuff.  Horner presents his "scavenger"
ideas on the tape, too.

I attended the recent debate, which was played up by Horner and Padian
(especially Horner) at least as much for humor as science.  It was
entertaining, though not sufficiently compelling to change my point of view on
the subject.  (OK, so I'm a tough customer).

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu