Re: Dinosaur extinction

Certainly there are shorebirds that nest in trees, the Green Sandpiper
_Tringa ochropus_ for example.
Tommy Tyrberg

At 11:12 PM 10/02/01 +0100, David Marjanovic wrote:
>Most known enantiornitheans were arboreal and therefore very likely nested
>in trees, whereas shorebirds frequently don't.

Actually I don't know any shorebirds that do, if by shorebirds you mean
sandpipers, plovers and their ilk and not herons. But there are a number of
arboreal birds, including (for example) wood warblers, that nest on the
ground, so we can't be too sure about a correlation.

-- Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886 International Wildlife
Coalition Fax/Modem: (905) 569-0116 1825 Shady Creek Court