From: "Rob Gay" <rob_redwing@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Deccan Traps
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:38:08

A little bit late, but none the less topical, I just picked up an old
article from JVP, describing the occurance of dinosaur eggs, shells and
teeth from intertrappean and lameta formations. I would think that this
would not only have implications on the time of dinosaur repopulation in the
Deccan (as HP Kinman had said), but also how much the Deccan Traps were
indeed affecting the local fauna. However, this article is farily old
(1987), so maybe this has been refuted by now. Anyways, just thought I'd
throw this out there.
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology