Re: Moasaurus

In a message dated 2/13/01 4:49:27 PM, twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com writes:

<< _Carnotaurus_ is related to birds insofar as it is a theropod.
A crocodile is related to birds insofar as it is a archosaur.
Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion is related to birds insofar as he is a
vertebrate.>>

I would say that _Carnotaurus_ is related to birds insofar as it is a
archeosaur. No one is saying that they didn't have a common ancestor in the
Triassic.

<<_Carnotaurus_ is an abelisaur, and so less closely related to the origin of
birds than dromaeosaurids and troodontids.  I'm not troubled by the fact
that its skin is scaly and crocodile-like, since I never claimed that birds
evolved from abelisaurs. >>

I never said you did.