Re: Spare ribs?

Rob Gay wrote-

> Just a quick question: How far down do theropod ribs proceed down the
> vertebral column? I can't remember what I've seen off the top of my head,
so
> I was wondering if anyone else knew if they went all the way to the sacrum
> or stopped before the pelvic region.

Theropods had two dorsal ribs for every dorsal vertebra, all the way to the
sacrum.  Here's what I would like to know- what are sacral and caudal ribs?
I hear about caudal ribs in relation to diplodocids and some other
sauropods.  Are these just transverse processes?  Are sacral ribs transverse
processes or actual ribs.

Mickey Mortimer