RE: 'Jurassic Park' Unearthed in Argentina's Patagonia - Reuters

From: "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>
To: <Danvarner@aol.com>, <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: RE: 'Jurassic Park' Unearthed in Argentina's Patagonia - Reuters
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:13:34 -0500

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Danvarner@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 2/15/01 7:04:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> rtravsky@uwyo.edu writes:
>
> << Huh? Jurassic period fossils are only known from China and Madagascar?
> "Relatively little land"? >>
>
> Reuters strikes again.
> I saw a photo in our newspaper this morning of a beautiful
> exposed string
> of verts from the locality with gorgeous badlands landscape in
> the backround.
> Sure gets the blood stirring. And here I am in New Jersey. Sigh. DV.

It is my strong suspicion that the word "Middle" before the word "Jurassic"
was lost somewhere in the process...

It actually is the word "Middle" that is missing here. Furthermore, mentioning of the fossils from Europe and Morocco (which we originally did) was also lost somewhere on the way from Trelew to Reuters...

Dr. Oliver Rauhut
Museo Paleontólogico Egidio Feruglio
Fontana y Lewis Jones
9100 Trelew