RE:CLEAR JACKETS(Packaging Dinosaur bones)

Could you please forward this e-mail to Sherry Michael smichael@excite.com as I Have had many problems with contacting them directly?

Hello'

I was interested to read an e-mail you sent to dinosaur@usc.edu dated 11/02/00 in which you mentioned the need for "clear jackets".

Has this need been addressed?

Are you aware of any other problems with jacketing that a Packaging Designer may be able to deal with?

I am a (Ma) Packaging Design student at Sheffield Hallam university, in Sheffield England. I am researching current packaging methods within paleontology, specifically "in field" packaging ( glueing, jacketing, etc) However, I am also interested in the packaging of prepared specimens for transport to other institutions, for storage, and for exhibitions.

Could you please send me any information upon the above, also could you grant me the benefit of your experience and highlight any problems that you are aware of with regard to the packaging of dinosaur bones both in "the field" and once the bone has been prepared.

I would be most gratefull for your time, and for any advice you could afford me,

Yours thankfully,

David Cowl.

DAVID COWL,
72 CHIPPINGHOUSE ROAD,